Somersall Rangers is one of the oldest junior football teams, formed back in 1961 in Chesterfield, Derbyshire. In the early 2000’s the club was down to just three teams and the committee had two ways to go – let the teams run their course or work hard as a committee and get the club back to where it belongs as a force in junior football. Today, grassroots football has succeeded. Somersall Rangers FC has exceeded, winning the prestigious status of ‘FA Charter Standard Club of the Year in 2015/16’.
Presented by McDonald’s, the county award recognised the club’s progression and how hard it works to create a friendly and fun environment for all players involved. The club now has over twenty-five teams representing them in the North East Derbyshire League and Sheffield & District Junior League. Progressive and forward-thinking, the committee have devoted themselves to develop the club and continue its legacy.
• To provide football to children of all ages and abilities, in a safe and friendly environment.
• To deliver age appropriate coaching to support long-term player development.
• To encourage all players to try their best and make the most of their abilities.
• To offer a challenging but supportive environment where children can learn from their mistakes without undue pressure and anxiety.
• To promote good behavior and respect for others.